Tuesday 7 September 2010

Andy is travelling again

I’ve decided to resume my blog while on my travels.

 

I am attending the inaugural World Seabird Conference at Victoria on the island of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. I have decided to add on some extra days at the end of the conference to see something of Vancouver Island (it’s supposed to be beautiful, and should be interesting for birds on migration) and also do a quick tour of Washington state over the border in USA.  I’ll finish the trip with a couple of days in Paris, where I’ll meet with George to help him celebrate a significant birthday.  This conference is going to be far from play time, although I hope to enjoy myself as much as I can.  I am presenting a paper to the conference about protected areas at sea for seabirds.  I am also co-organising two different workshops, the first about amalgamating databases for seabird surveys at sea, and the other about combining information from these types of databases with those from satellite tracking studies.  I hope to keep you appraised of what happens over the next 2 ½ weeks.

 

 

 

 

 


_____________________________________________________________________
The Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) is the statutory adviser to Government on UK and international nature conservation, on behalf of the Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside, the Countryside Council for Wales, Natural England and Scottish Natural Heritage. Its work contributes to maintaining and enriching biological diversity, conserving geological features and sustaining natural systems.

JNCC SUPPORT CO. Registered in England and Wales, company no. 05380206. Registered office: Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire PE1 1JY


This message has been checked for all known viruses by JNCC delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/

No comments: